Vardys Road Public School

I Aspire

Telephone02 9624 3144

Parents, carers and the community

As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.

Interpreting and translations

We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.

If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.

For more information, listen in your language.

Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.

Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)

Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.

What does the P&C do?

  • Promote the interests of the school through co-operation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community and to foster community interests in educational matters.
  • Provide parents with opportunities to meet together to determine the needs and aspirations of the school community; share information and views; learn about, help shape school policies and programs.
  • Assist in the provision of resources, facilities, amenities and raising funds for the benefit of the school.
  • Operate the school uniform shop.

The P&C meet in Weeks 4 and 8 of each term.

The purpose of these meetings are to:

  • provide an update on the P&C's current projects and fundraisers, financial status, and uniform shop
  • gather an update from the principal.
  • provide a forum for all parties to work together to organise events
  • discuss any school-wide issues.
See our upcoming events, fundraising sponsors and more on the VRPS parents and citizens association webpage. Please search for the Vardys Road P&C on the internet.

Counselling for families

The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.

Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.

  • Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
  • Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
  • Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.